Friday, December 27, 2019

YOKAI by Dave Ferraro

(This review was originally posted to my Goodreads account in September.)

(It also contains a spoiler, but I am unsure how to properly mark spoilers on here so it will have a slash through it so that it can be spotted easily, though I do NOT recommend this book at all)

DNF

Where to begin... there were awkward sentences, unrealistic characters, repeated words within the same paragraph, and the list just goes on and on. I read 7 chapters and then skimmed the last few and they did not improve.

None of the characters acted like people, they seemed more like cardboard cutouts who were playacting as people. Poorly. Most of the actions of the characters were extremely unbelievable.

There was one point where Shou put his hand on Yumiko's chest and SHE DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HIM! I just could not get passed this. He GROPED HER, and it was never mentioned again. And then when she finds out Mori accepted him as an apprentice, she doesn't even mention it. I don't care what his intentions were, or whatever excuse a person can come up with. He touched her inappropriately and there were no consequences. 

I hesitate to rate it since I didn't actually finish it, but it would not be a high rating regardless. There are more things I could say about it, but they would not be positive so I will just stop it here.

The premise sounded so promising, yet I was sorely disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment