Friday, December 27, 2019

RELICS by Tim Lebbon

Rating: 🌟🌟


DNFing at page 210

I may pick this up at a later date, but for right now I just can't. I have tried so hard to get into this book and I just can't bring myself to care about the characters.

The world was so interesting and had a lot of promise, but I'm just not impressed with the execution. So many things were bothering me, from the characters (mostly the characters), to the slow pace. Only a few pages before I DNF'd did things actually start to get interesting. Unfortunately, they weren't interesting enough to keep my interest.
Again, I may try this again at a later date, but for right now, I'm going to try and find a book I will actually enjoy.

The characters were SO 2-dimensional, they were all just focused on one thing, and while granted I can kind of understand given certain circumstances, the thoughts that would run through their heads just.. *sigh* I find it difficult to believe would ACTUALLY occur to an actual human being all things considered. 
The characters were self-centered at odd moments, and no one and I mean NOT A SOUL felt like a real person. And again, the world showed so much promise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment